Re: README - confusing, irrelevant, redundant, useless

Thijs Kinkhorst <kink@squirrelmail.org> writes:

> Requirements on upstream README and information that's useful within
> Debian differ. It often contains information about building,
> installation or bug reporting which is not relevant to Debian.

I don't understand why people keep saying that upstream bug reporting
instructions are irrelevant to Debian.  Surely I'm not the only person who
wants to be able to discuss some issues directly with upstream when
they're not in the slightest bit Debian-specific.  (Not to mention that
the reporting instructions are sometimes also the *query* instructions,
which can be extremely useful.)  And, with orphaned packages or packages
with busy maintainers, it's often better to take problems up with upstream
for practical reasons.