Re: bashisms in init scripts

[Piotr Roszatycki]
> I've tried to replace /bin/sh with /bin/posh and it was completly disaster.

Did the same happen using /bin/dash as /bin/sh?  I believe it is
comparable in size with posh.

> The system was fucked up. I've found the errors in critical init
> scripts: file-rc (/etc/init.d/rc), hotplug, hdparm, console-tools,
> x11-xorg and many more.

What kind of errors are you talking about here?  What feature are used
which is missing in posh?

Talking about embedded systems, did you try to use busybox /bin/sh?
Did it work?  It could save even more space on an embedded
installation.