bashisms in init scripts

Hi.

I've tried to replace /bin/sh with /bin/posh and it was completly disaster.
The system was fucked up. I've found the errors in critical init scripts:
file-rc (/etc/init.d/rc), hotplug, hdparm, console-tools, x11-xorg and many
more.

The replacement for bash is especially important on embedded plaforms or
palmtops with a little memory (like my Jornada 720). I've found that the
system scripts are not POSIX compatible so I think about mass report bug
filling with serious severity.

--
 .''`.    Piotr Roszatycki, Netia SA
: :' :    mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl