Re: Firefox:I get redirected to microsoft website when entering http//kernel.org or http//debian.org

Scripsit Paul Brossier <piem@altern.org>
> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:58:58AM +0300, Török Edvin wrote:

>> My point is that firefox should at least ask the user if it wants to
>> auto-redirect, and it shouldn't be the default IMHO.

> I agree. I have been looking for a way to turn this thing off but
> couldn't find any (apart from using a proxy).

For what it's worth, you can redirect the keyword search to a site of
your choice by putting, say,

   user_pref("keyword.URL", "http://foo.example.com/?";);

in prefs.js.

Setting the value to "http://www.google.com/search?btnG=Google+Search&q=";
will give a normal Google search without the "I feel lucky" redirect.
Essentially the address bar ends up doubling as a search box, as long
as one stays away from punctuation that Firefox thinks looks like part
of a real URL.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Det er trolddom og terror
                                                         og jeg får en værre