Re: Bruce Perens hosts party at OSCON Wednesday night

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:

>> > In that case, the description needs to be fixed.
>
>> Why?
>
> Because the intent is obviously to forbid any sort of spam.

"Spam", as I understand it, generally means UBE.  Bruce's message
clearly wasn't spam.

Non-UBE "commercial" email doesn't seem to be a problem on this list, so
I see no reason fiddling around with rules to artificially classify it
as such.  If it someday becomes an _actual_ problem, how about dealing
with then?

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."