Re: please fix your RC bugs

On Sunday 31 July 2005 00:19, Andreas Barth wrote:
> we currently have almost 800 RC bugs in etch due to small glitches that
> started to make code FTBFS with the new gcc version.
>
> It is urgently necessary that maintainers start to fix their own
> packages, and that whoever has some time at their hands, NMU such
> packages.

A lot of that is waiting on the C++ ABI transition, and dependencies. And if
you NMU, please make sure you know what you're doing and read the bugs in
question, so that you are not hurting more than you help.

I don't want to rant, but since you are urging NMUs and apparently doing
them yourself. Your recent NMU of cheeesetracker compiled it against two
C++ ABIs; you could avoided this if you read the bug report and my
response. Also, always contact the maintainer first, and use a delayed
upload queue. You did neither of these when NMUing cheesetracker.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>