Re: The BTS and bug subscriptions

On Sat, 2005-07-23 at 06:25 -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> [Don Armstrong]
> > What has actually been discussed is automatically subscribing
> > submitters to the bug report unless some special header/pseudo-header
> > is added to prevent that.
>
> Sounds good.  But since this information was already tracked, I figured
> there must have been a (good?) reason this hasn't been done in the
> past.  Not that I can think of one.

The discussions we had on the topic at Debconf revolved around whether
someone who submits a bug wants to know the technical discussions
relating to the bug fix, whether we should send it to them, and how do
we make sure they get a copy if the maintainer needs to ask the bug
submitter for more information.

Cheers,

Pasc