Re: Mass-filing bugs based on piuparts?

to, 2005-07-21 kello 16:44 +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 03:41:10PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> >
> > Is this acceptable to everyone? Suggestions on how to do this better?
> >
> Any possibility of producing a nice web report on a per package basis?
> It could be useful to re-run periodically and your tester could
> probably have the same role of lintian/linda by this point of
> view. Filling BTS reports could be not so appropriate.
> Disclosure: I do not know piuparts at all :)

Something like this is planned by the QA team, and I'll do my best to
help with that. Before that is created, I still want to run piuparts on
the entire archive, if only to make sure we can deal with the all the
weird things that packages do in postinst scripts and so (such as
forcefully redirecting their stdin/stdout to /dev/tty and then asking
question, despite DEBIAN_FRONTEND being set to "noninteractive").

As with lintian reports, when the tools find real bugs in the packages,
bugs should be filed. However, since the tools are not infallible, bugs
should not be filed automatically. (Ideally, of course, the maintainer
will use the tools themselves and find and fix all such automatically
found problems before uploading.)