Scrolling the viewport

Am I the only one who finds it odd that holding the control key down
and rolling the mouse wheel UP results in the font size getting SMALLER?

Things work this way in Firefox, Galeon and IE, at least.

Normally, rolling the wheel UP moves the viewport UP, and down down.
Likewise I would expect that holding the control key down would allow
me to roll "forward" in order to move the viewport forward and thus
INCREASE the text size, as if I was getting closer to the text.
--
Thomas Hood