Re: cpufrequtils init script in rcS.d

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 09:35:26PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20050718142444.GB4247@inferi.kami.home> you wrote:
> > You don't know that actually.
> > There are far too many usages to make a generic statement like that.
> > I can't see nothing wrong or useless in trying to maximize battery
> > power and/or minimize heat generation.
>
> Yes of course, however there is a big difference between possibility to
> optimize and the Must-have claim we had before. After all, we just want to
> understand why it is so important.

Sorry, I probably didn't explain very well in the first instance.
I'll retry: s/must/should/ in the rationale provided before :)

I'd like to add another thing I forgot to mention in the first place: in
its current form the initscript I intend to use is disabled through the
use of an appropriate variable in /etc/default/cpufrequtils making it
more a "possibility" than a "must-have".
However it would still be good to do it early (IMO). :)

--
mattia
:wq!