Re: cpufrequtils init script in rcS.d

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 12:39:03AM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 20050715102817.GA7678@inferi.kami.home> you wrote:
> > Sorry. The main idea is making power management more effective, that's
> > why earlier is better here.
>
> I dont see why this is the case. in the bootup phase the  system is loaded
> anyway, no need to throttle it.

Well, I can actually imagine that most of the time at bootup is spent
waiting for I/O to complete, HW probes and so on, nothing that CPU bound
actually (AFAICT).

>                                 especially since this one minute does not
> consume measurable amount of power. So there is still ne real reason
> mentioned why a few seconds matter here.

You don't know that actually.
There are far too many usages to make a generic statement like that.
I can't see nothing wrong or useless in trying to maximize battery
power and/or minimize heat generation.

--
mattia
:wq!