Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 09:44:07PM +0200, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> On 11/07/2005 Max Vozeler wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 02:33:12PM +0200, Javier wrote:
> > > - Encrypted root/swap on the d-i installation.
> >
> > I'm planning to work on this- probably during the next few weeks. I hope
> > to also get together with Wesley Terpstra and talk about how we can make
> > the framework usable for both loop-AES and dm-crypt based setups.
>
> please consider to support luks too. the current cryptsetup package
> supports only dm-crypt from christophe saout. luks from clemens
> fruhwirth has many advantages over plain dm-crypt, and i guess that it's
> quite more common for encrypted disks.

Is there already support for LUKS in Debian?

I'm very open for this and will keep it in mind, but I have to plead
ignorance about the practical side of using the luks implementations.
(I've only read Fruhwirth Clemens' LUKS paper)

The framework should allow to use LUKS in principle, but input from
people who use it would be required for the actual implementation.  If
you are interested, or know of someone who is, please let me know.

cheers,
Max