Re: linux-wlan-ng adopt process

* Victor Seva [Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:39:09 +0200]:

Hola Victor,

  thanks for your interest in adopting a Debian package!

> I am trying to contact with you, again, in order to take over the
> linux-wlan-ng package. Enrico Tassi and I have no answer from you. We
> are interested in maintain this package. I have mailed to your bug
> report [0] but no news from you.

  Have you mailed Bradley privately as well? If not, it's most likely
  that he is not aware at all of your efforts, since our BTS does not
  send a copy to the submitter of a bug when you mail nnnnnn@bugs.d.o
  (you can read more about this in http://bugs.debian.org and in section
  5.8 of the Developers Reference). This would explain why you didn't
  receive an answer from him either.

  So I recommend that you reset the "waiting counter" to zero, and wait
  two or three weeks for a response. I'm sure Bradley will be glad to
  hear somebody (two people, even!) is interested in adopting his
  package.

  I've also bounced your message to 299759@bugs.debian.org. When sending
  mail in Debian, it's usually nice to CC the appropriate bug if one
  exists, so that other people have quick access to the information (a
  message in a bug is found much more easily than a mailing list post;
  plus one would have to _know_ in advance that such message exists).

  Happy hacking,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

In my opinion, the most fruitful and natural play of the mind is in
conversation. I find it sweeter than any other action in life; and if I
were forced to choose, I think I would rather lose my sight than my
hearing and voice.
                -- Michel de Montaigne