Re: Alioth Project Approved - and now?

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 09:51:07AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 06:20:50 +0000
From: noreply@alioth.debian.org
       ^^^^^^^
Hmmmm, this sound not good for the sake of further communication.
Why not including a mail address which can be really used?

I suppose they prefer you to use
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?group_id=1&atid=200001 . Yes, it
could be mentioned in the mail.
s/could/should/  ;-)

Please note that all shell/CVS accounts are closed to telnet and only
work with SSH1.

Hmmm, why SSH1 and even telnet and not SSH2?

You misread: There is NO telnet. As for SSH2, it works fine, but SSH1
doesn't work. Probably a typo <shrug> .
I guessed this because I always worked with ssh2 sucessfully.  Could this
please be rephrased.

I would like to ask for a SVN archive

Go to
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=1&atid=200001,
category "SubVersioN", summary "svn repository for pkg-emboss", put a
nice "please give use an svn repo" message in "description", press
"submit".

(I found out about the procedure by Googling... It is explained on
http://svn.debian.org/ .)
Ahh, you obviousely did a better Googling than me - I tried it as well but
perhaps used the wrong words.

and for a project mailing list,

That's easier: Go to https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-emboss/,
press "lists", then "admin", then "Add Mailing List".
Well, this is really easy.

Finally I have to admit that this mail was mainly about improving the message
text which is send for new projects.  Perhaps some links to some FAQs or such
basic things you wrote might enhance the text drastically.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de