Re: ftp-master, ftp and db .debian.org moving - hosting sought

[Jonas Meurer]
> paying for any parts of infrastructure would delete the independance
> from donations.  debian was never depending on any donations, for
> good reasons.  if we change this, the next step will be that some
> monstrous companies offer deals to us: "We give you money, you give
> us XYZ"

I'm not sure if this is a surprise to you, but donating power, network
bandwith and rack space is also a donation.  Debian has always
depended on donations to keep its infrastructure working.

> i think that the independance from donations is an essential part of
> debians free infrastructure.

I am not convinced that this is an essensial part fo debians free
infrastructure, as the infrastructure isn't without cost, and this
cost come from people and compaines donating it to debian.