Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 05:58:11PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:

> Do you have any evidence to support yout claim that big mail servers are
> configured to handle gray-listing servers differently from other mail
> servers?

Not quite the same thing as Pierre was describing but some mail server
software have an option which allows mails where delivery needs to be
retried to be directed to a separate machine.  This can be useful if
some sites that get a lot of mail are being very slow to respond (for
example, timing out due to being down or heavily loaded) but it can
cause noticable delays for mail that does wind up getting retried due to
delivery slots being congested.