Re: relocation error(s) with various binaries

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Peter Samuelson wrote:

> [Chris Gorman]
> > + exec /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin -a firefox
> > /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin: relocation error:
> > /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1: undefined symbol: _Xglobal_lock
> Try reinstalling libx11-6.
Done.  It was one of the ones I reinstalled already, but I tried it again.
Unfortunatly the errors persist.
> Verify that it has the symbol in question:
>   nm --dynamic /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 | grep _Xglobal_lock

000c6910 B _Xglobal_lock
> should reveal it as a "B" symbol (uninitialised data).
I've also tried reinstalling all of mozilla in the event that it had
become corrupt.  This also didn't resolve the problems.  :(  Any other
suggestions?  (I'm thinking about removing all of X and starting over with