Re: C++ ABI change -- freezing unstable for new C++ library packages

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 01:22:19PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mercredi 15 juin 2005 à 02:48 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > > Furthermore, this package has a long history of triggering weird
> > > compiler errors, including several ICEs. Is there a way to test the
> > > build with g++-4.0 on all architectures before the transition starts?
> > > (Other than asking eleven porters to check if it builds...)
> >
> > Upload a package to experimental that build-depends on g++-4.0 and invokes
> > it in debian/rules?
>
> Is experimental autobuilt these days?

Yes, on a best-effort basis (i.e., we try to build everything, but no
guarantees are made that everything is built as with unstable). See
http://experimental.ftbfs.de/ for an interface similar to the one on
http://buildd.debian.org/

pavement is precisely one bananosecond