Re: C++ ABI change -- freezing unstable for new C++ library packages

Le mardi 14 juin 2005 à 14:48 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > I maintain a package (hdf5) which contains a pure C library and a C++
> > interface. However, I'm pretty sure the C++ library isn't used by
> > packages depending on it. In this case, is it necessary for the library
> > to be renamed?
>
> If the C++ library is exposed in the package's shlibs, yes...

Alright, I'll do that.

Furthermore, this package has a long history of triggering weird
compiler errors, including several ICEs. Is there a way to test the
build with g++-4.0 on all architectures before the transition starts?
(Other than asking eleven porters to check if it builds...)