Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Humberto Massa Guimarães <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:

> No. This is not what free software is about ("only modifiying the
> package in ways similar to Debian"). We should do the hard work
> (strip the trademarks) so the community can benefit from our
> already-stripped mozillas and do whatever it wants with them. This
> seems to be more like the Debian Way to me.

I agree that doing the work to make the trademarks removable serves our
users, but how does *us* removing the trademarks benefit freedom or our
users? They end up with exactly the same rights whether we remove them
or not.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org