Re: C++ ABI change -- freezing unstable for new C++ library packages

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 09:04:20PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
> Santiago Vila wrote:

> >On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Adam Majer wrote:

> >>Also, the testing seems to be now unfrozen except for base. Does the
> >>base freeze have anything to do with the new C++ ABI?

> >No, it's more a leftover of the freeze process. I asked Steve today
> >about this. He says base packages will be unfrozen again in a few days.

> Ok, thanks! I just wander why weren't all packages unfrozen at once.
> Something to do with too much new stuff entering Etch at once?

We're leaning towards possibly keeping udeb-generating packages frozen
during etch still because they require manual intervention for syncing udebs
into testing; this means separating the source packages that create udebs
(which as a class were frozen later) from the rest of the base packages.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer