Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:24:12PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> > Dropping 2.4 can easily be done on relatively short notice prior to etch
> > release, so no need to worry about now.
>
> Relatively short notice of several months, even ignoring problems we
> currently can't solve such as 2.6 not fitting on floppies for the
> installer, at least.

Is there a way to handle this? Could a kernel be patched to read data
from multiple floppy disks? I know that this question sounds a little
bit stupid, but floppies still seem to be the most reliable way to boot.

greets Jimmy

--
                 Andreas "Jimmy" Gredler
   ,'"`.         http://www.g-tec.co.at/ | jimmy@g-tec.co.at