Re: freetype package

* Will Newton <will@misconception.org.uk> [2005-06-09 14:42:26 +0100]:

> This package hasn't had a maintainer upload in 12 months. It is currently at
> version 2.1.7 whilst upstream is in the process of releasing 2.1.10. These
> new releases include some quite critical bugfixes and visual improvements.
>
> Is this package being actively maintained? I volunteer to help out with
> packaging, but I think freetype requires at least one maintainer who is
> familiar with CJK fonts (i.e. not me).

Will,

This is a good news. Thank you for taking action. My upstream has recently
declared freetype < 1.9 obsolete and dangerous to use with their software, so
I was about to start looking into why we are still at 1.7. If I can help you
with packaging a more recent version I would be happy to do so. Unfortunately
I am not familiar with the CJK fonts, so can't help you there.

Please feel free to contact me privately if you'd like me to do something to
help you.

Best wishes,

Alex.