Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 06:22:15PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 02:18:28PM +0100, Simon Huggins wrote:
> > I think having a target date, even a target month for release, would
> > help everyone and reduce the posts to -release lately where people
> > have finally crawled out of the woodwork to say please let such and
> > such a package in.
> This one is "release managers should make real, practical, believable
> plans and communicate them to the developers, and then stick to them".
> Which, I will note, is not on that wiki page. Also it already seems to
> have been happening for sarge, now that Anthony Towns has been
> replaced, so I don't think it really qualifies as a proposal.

Well ok, I see this as part of http://wiki.debian.net/?FixedReleaseDate

Though I'd rather trade this off to say "we'll release in 18 months
time" and then slip a month if we have to than have an absolutely fixed
date.

Simon.

--
oOoOo  If at first you don't succeed, you'll get lots of advice.   oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo