Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

<quote who="Michael Banck" date="2005-06-07 18:29:37 +0200">
> Stephen Birch <sgbirch@imsmail.org> writes:
> > The question was really this, if Ubuntu created a better bug tracking
> > program would Debian want to run the new software on the debian
> > servers thus replacing the current bug tracking programs?
>
> AFAIK, what Ubuntu is developing is proprietary software, so there is no
> way Debian will/could use it on its servers.

It's not proprietary. It's just not distributed at all. When it is
distributed, it will be under a free software license.

With that said, the fact that it's not distributed would be the bigger
problem in terms of putting it on Debian servers I think. ;)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill