Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 05:55:00PM -0400, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > guidelines like
> > "3 is multi-user with no X" "5 is full gui, etc."
> > Remember, init 0 and 6 are well-defined already....
>
> OK.  Where, pray tell, is a newbie going to learn about that?  Most
> newbies that come from MS Windows and Mac OS understand three modes of a
> computer, to us run levels 0, 6 and {2,3,4,5}.  Personally, I think it
> is much more newbie friendly to have run levels 2-5 be the same.  It is
> also more expert friendly since you can tweak to your heart's content.

Newbie caming from MS Windows knows nothing about runlevels. The problem
are users caming from other distros. They used more runlevels almost for
sure, although they probably still don't know about it cause their newbies
right? ;)

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland