Re: Debian 3.1r0 CD/DVD image problem

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Colin Watson wrote:

> A bug has been discovered in the 3.1r0 CD/DVD images: new installs from
> these images will have a commented-out entry in /etc/apt/sources.list
> for "http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates" rather than an active
> entry for "http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates", and thus will
> not get security updates by default. This was due to incorrect Release
> files on the images.
>
> If you have already installed a system using a 3.1r0 CD/DVD image, you
> do not need to reinstall. Instead, simply edit /etc/apt/sources.list,
> look for any lines mentioning security.debian.org, change "testing" to
> "stable", and remove "# " from the start of the line.
>
> If you installed other than from a CD or DVD (for example, netboot, or
> booting from floppy and installing the base system from the network),
> you are not affected by this bug.
>
> New 3.1r0a images will be available shortly to correct this flaw. In the
> meantime, CD vendors should delay pressing CDs or DVDs of Debian 3.1. We
> apologise for the inconvenience.

Is there any way that the source can be remastered so that it fits on 2
dvd. Seems kind of daft that it stretches to three dvd for the sake of
212mb.

If it can be squeezed onto two dvd then we will be able to press the dvd
as a double sided dvd. As it is right now there has to be a third dvd.

Perhaps there is source for a very large game or something that could be
left off??

Brian