Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Adeodato [iso-8859-1] Simó wrote:

 But, alas, there will not always be an interested DD for each new
 package that Ubuntu/universe gets, and the difficulty to find a
 sponsor, specially for non-experienced packagers, doesn't help here
 either (correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that getting a sponsored
 upload to universe happens faster and more easily than a sponsored
 upload to sid).
What are the reasons for getting something easier into universe than
sid according to your opinion?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--