Re: Keysigning without physically meeting ... thoughts?

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 23:54, Marc Haber wrote:
> The entire procedure is quite US centric. I don't understand why you
> US guys are so fond of your notaries. Over here, it's a three digit
> bill for the notary to open the office door and to offer you a chair,
> so there might be cultures where one thinks twice or even three times
> before having something notarized.

One thing I should mention, that others sort of alluded to. In the US, a
notary is very inexpensive. For example, often if you have an account at a
bank, you can have documents notarized there for free (as I can at my bank)
or for a few dollars.

That said, I can only think of about 1 thing I've ever needed to have
notarized in my life, so it's not like I'm "fond" of notaries--but they
seem to fulfill their intended purpose.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>