Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

John Goerzen(jgoerzen@complete.org)@2005-06-01 00:06:
> Out of curiousity, do you have a rough estimate of the percentage that
> actually make it into Debian?  Or the percentage that are held back
> with no good reason?

I wonder if it would be an idea to write a tool that compares Debian
and Ubuntu packages and provides a web based view of the delta so we
can track divergence.

> > In the not-so-distant future, a huge proportion of Ubuntu development will
> > take place in Arch branches, with the intent of promoting more efficient
> > collaboration both within Ubuntu and with Debian.
>
> Very nice.

Okay ... I missed the development of arch.  Boy ... its difficult to
keep up with everything going on.  How did the arch project improve on
Subversion?

Steve