Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:53:01 -0700, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com>
wrote:
>I don't have any hard statistics, but here are some random examples of
>patches whose development was sponsored by Canonical, were tested and proven
>in Ubuntu, were proactively submitted to Debian by an Ubuntu developer, and
>remain in debbugs months later without comment from the maintainer:

It is not uncommon that bug reports stay uncommented until they are
eventually closed, and that the limbo phase of a bug can easily span
many months.

This is a non-courtesy that quite some Debian Developers extend
towards their users, but it is not a practice that is especially
targeted at Ubuntu.

So don't feel bad, we're all volunteers.

Greetings
Marc