Re: Regarding unresponsive Debian maintainers

Tollef Fog Heen dijo [Tue, May 24, 2005 at 10:27:36AM +0200]:
> * Cesar Martinez Izquierdo
>
> | I don't think co-maintenance needs to be a "must", but I totally
> | agree that is always possitive and it should be encouraged someway.
>
> No, it is not always positive.  Co-maintainence means you have a way,
> way higher overhead at maintaining the package.  I don't have to
> coordinate uploads, checkins and so on with myself, for packages with
> comaintainers, I do.

Depends a lot on the nature of your packages.

The majority of my packages are comaintained with the Pkg-perl group -
Yes, they are usually quite simple packages. However, what we have
usually done is that whoever has time to fix an issue just goes ahead
and does it - Up to now, we have not trampled over each other. It
could happen, yes, and the probability grows if the packages are
larger or the bugs are more intrincate, but anyway, most of Debian's
packages are quite straightforward.

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23