bts ldap interface: future developments ...

Hi,

I put some time into investigating possible tweaks to make the queries
faster. Apart from getting sarges sldap installed, the main performance
boost can be done by removing/hiding the archived bug reports. Also, by
getting them removed from the db-file, the memory requirements will
shrink drastically.

For that reason, I consider to drop the old entries from the main file,
and stick them to a text file so that searches in the archived bugs take
even longer than today, but all others would be really fast. The problem
with that is of course that bugs change their DN on archiving.

If there is any idea to achieve these goals without that problem, I
woudl appreciate very much to hear about them.

Opinions, further suggestions?

Cheers,
Andi
--