Re: Regarding unresponsive Debian maintainers

Cesar Martinez Izquierdo <dispiste@gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe a polite email from the MIA effort to maintainers with
> long-standing bugs (and no activity on them) could help. Something like:

> "Your package has the following long-standing bugs:
> #xxxx Description
> #yyyy Description

> Remember that Debian maintainers' obligations include to track and solve
> all bugs, not only RC-bugs. If you are in lack of time, please consider
> to accept a co-maintainer or to orphan the package."

Well, bear in mind that some bugs sit for years because they're wishlist
upstream bugs that would require significant implementation to fix and
upstream isn't interested.  Consider #56930 on gtimer, for example.

I would exclude wishlist and forwarded bugs from that sort of metric, at
least.