Re: Entries in Packages files that lack a Source field

* Anthony Towns [Thu, 19 May 2005 15:38:11 +1000]:
> Adeodato Simó wrote:
> >  As you probably know, entries in the Packages file only have a Source
> >  field if the name of the source package is different from the name of
> >  the binary package being described. This is an inconsistency that makes
> >  it a bit harder to massage this data, e.g. with grep-dctrl.

> Why not add a patch to grep-dctrl instead?

  grep-dctrl was only meant an example: every script or whatever parsing
  Packages files will have to deal with that inconsistency (in the case
  of a Perl or similar script, it's less cumbersome that with grep-dctrl,
  that's true). Fixing apt-ftparchive solves the issue for everybody,
  hence what I was looking to know is if there is a reason for which the
  current behavior of apt-ftparchive should not be changed.

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.