Re: packages missing from sarge

I demand that Steve Langasek may or may not have written...

> On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 05:44:33PM -0400, François-Denis Gonthier wrote:
>> On May 7, 2005 09:03 pm, Joey Hess wrote:
>>> erlang
>> Erlang and the related erlang-manpages and erlang-doc-html are being put
>> up-to-date by me.  I have a package ready which should be uploaded by my
>> sponsor in the coming week.
>> I guess that means that the package that reverse depends on Erlang would
>> also be allowed back on:

> No, this is a package that was not in woody, so it's going to be too late
> to get it (and its reverse-deps) into sarge.  The release team is not going
> to spend its time hand-holding packages that were nowhere near releasable
> at the time of freeze when there are still 50+ RC bugs that need to be
> fixed before we release.

gxine? Possibility of 0.4.4 in sarge? There are bugs other than the RC bug
(in the Debian BTS) which really should be fixed in unstable, preferably
(IMO) by uploading 0.4.4 - I suggest that you use the packaging in
<URL:http://zap.tartarus.org/~ds/debian/> as a starting point.

Any changes which you don't think should go into sarge - tell me and I'll
(probably) tell you why it should :-)

(It's probably still safe to assume that the maintainer doesn't have enough
time to prepare and upload the package.)

--
| Darren Salt   | nr. Ashington, | linux (or ds) at
| sarge,        | Northumberland | youmustbejoking
| RISC OS       | Toon Army      | demon co uk
|   Say NO to software patents

Be happy with the real pleasures in life.