Re: debian sarge is 3.2 or 4 ?

On Thursday 05 May 2005 01:17, Andrea Mennucc wrote:
[ ... ]
> Considering that woody was released 19 Jul 2002, it took us
> ~3 years to release; in the meantime, all most important
> components changed completely; and we did a lot of work
> in Sarge, that I do not want to see numerically
> represented as
>     sarge = woody + 0.1
>
> So I would much prefer if sarge would be called "Debian 4"
>
> Do you agree?

Well, it doesn't really matter to me personally, but am I correct that
the changes from Woody to Sarge have been at least as big as they were
from Potato to Woody (where the version number was bumped from 2.2 ->
3.0)? If yes, and with that in mind, it could probably be justified
that Sarge ships as 4.0, I guess.
--
Frederik Dannemare | http://sentinel.dk | http://linuxworlddomination.dk
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare