Re: Outrageous Maintainer

>>>>> "steve" == Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:

    steve> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 03:06:31PM -0400, sean finney
    steve> wrote:
    >> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:30:38PM +0200, Klaus Ethgen wrote: >
    >> The according bug is #306608.

    >> having read through the bug report, it seems to me the
    >> appropriate thing to have done all along was add a Conflicts
    >> statement, which really does no harm and does resolve the
    >> issue.

    steve> Sorry, but insisting that a maintainer add a Conflicts:
    steve> against a separately RC-buggy package which is not in
    steve> testing and will shortly be removed from unstable is just
    steve> silly.  It can be done, but for the most part this bug is
    steve> going to resolve itself, and there's no reason the
    steve> maintainer should treat adding this conflict as a high
    steve> priority under the circumstances.

    But you remove the package from testing doesn't mean we won't have
    users with it installed since it was present there so, IMHO, the
    Conflict is need.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116