Re: Outrageous Maintainer

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 03:06:31PM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 08:30:38PM +0200, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> > The according bug is #306608.

> having read through the bug report, it seems to me the appropriate thing
> to have done all along was add a Conflicts statement, which really does
> no harm and does resolve the issue.

Sorry, but insisting that a maintainer add a Conflicts: against a separately
RC-buggy package which is not in testing and will shortly be removed from
unstable is just silly.  It can be done, but for the most part this bug is
going to resolve itself, and there's no reason the maintainer should treat
adding this conflict as a high priority under the circumstances.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer