Re: OT Building a Linux / Debian based dev team

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 kevin.kempter@dataintellect.com wrote:

1) Creation of a new distro based on key specific features of various distros
available today
Alternatively you might consider to save time and join the Custom Debian
Distribution effort:

        http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/

2) Creation of new Linux games or vastly improvement on the Linux games
available today
That's not really Debian related.

1) How / where do I find and recruit top notch Linux kernel, application and
game developers?
No idea.

2) How would we best go about soliciting open source developers to help us out
and what's the best way to manage these type of development processes ?
IMHO, the best idea is to concentrate on your main topic which might be
game development and have one (future) Debian developer in your company
who cares for the Custom Debian Distribution stuff INSIDE Debian.

Building a new Debian based distribution needs extra effort and often failed
in the long term (even if there are positive examples).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de