Re: Sarge release for amd64 - Please help to fix the remaining bugs

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:40:25AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > Unfortunately, quite a few important packages still Build-Depend
> > on libmysqlclient10-dev:
> >
> > cyrus-sasl2
> > cyrus-sasl2-mit

> Frozen. I will gladly update them if the release team tells me to go ahead
> and do it.

Since dovecot, libnss-mysql, and libnss-mysql-bg have already been updated to
use libmysqlclient12, the main reason for *not* updating cyrus-sasl2, the
MTAs, and the ftp daemons (i.e.: segfaults from mixing and matching) no
longer applies.  I would accept an update of cyrus-sasl2 built against
libmysqlclient12, but I would prefer to see at least exim4 and postfix
updated first.

Ideally, we would have agreement to update all of the following packages to
libmysqlclient12 at the same time:

  courier
  cyrus-sasl2
  exim4
  linesrv
  pam-mysql
  postfix
  proftpd

Even if they weren't all done together, there's still a possibility of
segfaults because of libnss-mysql right now, so it's worth transitioning as
many of them as possible.  The only other thing to worry about is to make
sure that these packages all have licenses covered by the current MySQL
license exception.

Incidentally, I think cyrus-sasl2-mit's build-dep on libmysqlclient10-dev is
spurious and should be dropped.

Cheers,
--
Steve Langasek