Re: Status of 'sarge' for the amd64 architecture

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 08:05:17PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> As a preparation for the amd64 porters irc meeting tomorrow,
> I tried to build the complete Debian sarge archive for the
> amd64 architecture from the unpatched Debian sarge sources.
>
> The result was very encouraging. Almost all packages build now on
> amd64 without problems using the pristine Debian sarge sources.

Thats great news, thanks for doing the proof of concept =)

> For some reason, the amd64 architecture has not been added to the
> official Debian archive. There is a plan to change this when sarge is
> released, but as I understand it, there is no plan to provide
> amd64 binaries for sarge in the official Debian archive.

Really a sad thing, considering we already demanded addition to the
archive exactly a year ago in a couple of weeks.

I look forward discussing the other topics on the meeting tomorrow :)

Kind regards
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG