Re: Intersection of installed packages with orphaned packages

Stephen Quinney <stephen@jadevine.org.uk> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 07:14:23PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 02:12:13AM -0700, Stephen Birch wrote:
>> > I am interested in the intersection of packages installed on my
>> > machines with the list of orphaned packages.
>>
>> You'd be wanting wnpp-check, in the devscripts package.  Check out rc-check
>> while you're at it.  Both are cronable.
>
> I think you mean wnpp-alert and rc-alert (at least that's what they
> seem to be called on my sid machine).

On my systems, wnpp-alert lists packages that I don't have installed.
For example:

# wnpp-alert
O 279824 perlftlib -- Perl module for the FreeType library
# dpkg -l \*perlftlib\*
No packages found matching *perlftlib*.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Thanks,