Re: lintian & linda

On Monday 11 April 2005 03:14 am, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Then why was aptitude written?  Why not send patches against apt-get
> and dselect?

  The correct question is why not send patches against console-apt, which you
youngsters might not remember ;-).  In fact, I did exactly that -- I sent
about two patches to fix problems with it before deciding that the design was
fundamentally flawed and there was a better way to do things.  (hey, hubris
is one virtue of a programmer, right? :) )

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|             Will the last person to leave the Universe please             |