Re: arm seems OK: release status?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 02:31:15PM +0200, A Mennucc wrote:
> when a buildd builds a package, it first install all
> build-dependencies, then compiles, then remove all build-dependencies.
> For my package, that was a total of 113 MB of data to be moved in and
> out of disks; since ARM is running late, maybe it would be wise to not
> remove build-dependencies at the end of a run, (and check for any
> build conflict before starting, and just remove that)

Funny. I was under the impression that the buildds _did_ leave these
packages installed, and that was one of the things that pbuilder could
test that the buildds don't, that build-depends are complete and

I'm sure it's been suggested that the buildds remove the extra packages
after each run, but that is considered too inefficient, and the buildds
are not _expected_ to pick up all build-depends bugs.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.