Re: dynamic partial mirror, apt-get fails

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 07:02:56PM +0100, Cristian Barbarosie wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:11:45PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > > You may want to have a look at apt-cacher.
> > Or approx which was just uploaded to NEW, but is also available the
> > debian-ocaml-maint svn repo on svn.debian.org :)
>
> Yes, you are right. The problem is that I have no root access
> for our http server (besides, it runs RedHat). So I cannot install
> packages there, I have to do everything as a regular user.

I have apt-cacher running for me on a local Debian box. I installed
apache on the box just so that I could run apt-cacher on it. I think
all I did was aptitude install of apt-cacher. Apache was installed
automagically by the packaging system. Serving support for apt-cacher
is not heavy duty web server service. Almost any old box will do.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net