Warning: Some CVS repos are broken (was Re: gluck available again / filesystem shaked)

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 07:06:23PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

[ ... lots of stuff ... ]

Thanks Joey for your dedication, it has become somewhat of a tradition that
some Debian server breaks before the release (does it mean we are releasing
this weekend?)  :-)

> The following CVS repositories are currently hosted on gluck:
>
> /cvs/webwml                   restored from backup
(...)
> /cvs/debian-doc               restored from backup

Unfortunately, it seems that at least that CVS repository is not properly
restored from backup. There seem to be some files which are raw data and
not proper RCS files so you get something like:

cvs [update aborted]: EOF in value in RCS file
/home/org/cvs.debian.org/cvs/webwml/webwml/english/debian.css,v

when trying to do CVS operations :-(

Maybe it's worth reviewing the output of running the following command:

# find . -type f -exec file {} \; |grep ": data" |  \
egrep -v '\.(gz|gif|jpg|png|jpeg|pdf|tgz)'

in the CVS repos.

Joey, where are the backups of the CVS repos currently?

Regards

Javier

[1] Like /home/org/cvs.debian.org/cvs/webwml/webwml/english/debian.css