Re: dpatch and patching debian/rules

to, 2005-03-31 kello 10:31 +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen kirjoitti:
> Sounds cool.
>
>    $ sudo apt-get install lsb-release
>    $ lsb-release
>    bash: lsb-release: command not found
>    $ lsb_release
>    LSB Version:    n/a
>
> Hmm.  Is n/a an abbreviation for debiaN/unstAble?

$ lsb_release -a
LSB Version:    n/a
Distributor ID: Debian
Release:        3.1
Codename:       sarge
$ lsb_release -is
Debian
$

Any package that uses it is going to have to build-depend on the
lsb-release package, which has no dependencies (it is a bash shell
script and bash is required, so no explicit dependency needed) and is 88
kilobytes installed. Not too onerous, I think.

I now declare that the LSB is good for something.