Add a project to debian

Hello,

I am interested in adding a project into the Debian Project and wanted to ask a couple of questions on how to achieve this.

After having read the documentations I understood that I needed to apply as a new maintainer (with the appropriate identification process, needing an "advocate" Debian developper) and then find a sponsor that would accept upload the packages for me.

If these two steps are performed correctly, this means that my package will be available on the debian repositories (on unstable, until it is considered stable enough to "apply" for testing) ?

If this is so, what is approximatively the time between the upload of my package by a sponsor and the actual "distribution" of my package through debian repositories ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alexis Papadopoulos

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/