Re: Required firewall support

On 21-Mar-05, 12:39 (CST), David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 11:22:48AM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> >
> > And that's what we do. But some other OSs (Solaris) do support strict
> > multihoming with a config parameter, it would be nice if Linux did.
> netdev@oss.sgi.com <--- patches goes that way.
> linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org <--- or possibly that way.

It's been discussed and rejected in the past. The multi-homing RFC (I
forget which one) has unclear[1] wording on which behaviour is proper.

[1] Well, *I* (and others) don't think it's unclear. The trouble is
that many others also don't think it's unclear, but come to an opposite

Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net